Your generous donations for the son of Shelby "Girl" Walker are now being accepted online.
Shelby Walker In the News, Memorials, Trust Fund, etc
Posted on 09.26.2006 at 01:56 PM
** Note i will be updating this page with new links and updated information as it becomes available **
Shelby "Girl" Walker Feb 27, 1975 - Sept 24, 2006
- Shelby's Funeral service will be held in Kingsville Texas. A Big thank you to American Top Team and Cage Fury for all their help. We are working on a bunch of memorial and charity projects right now I will post more info as it becomes available. Shelby's name will live on in the history of boxing game.
A very special thank you to the fight media for picking this story up.
Some things that are planned to remember Shelby Walker are:
- A Memorial T Shirt that will be available soon for friends and fans.
- Cage Fury will be honoring her memory with a Shelby Walker Lion Heart Award at all of their shows for the MVP of the event.
- ShelbyWalker.com will be undergoing some renovation. I am going to turn the site into a memorial to celebrate her life as well a charity in her name and honor. We are working on a feature called "Letters to heaven" where Shelby's friends, family, and fans can post a note from the heart about her that will live on forever.
- Trust Fund for her son - She loved him more then anything in the world. It broke her heart that she was not able to be with him. Her friends who loved her will be doing this privately and are not asking for donations at this time - however any one interested in discussing this can reach me at email@example.com
- Shelby Walker Foundation - the scope is not yet determined but the mission will be to do charitable work in her name and honor.
The out pouring of support and love is just humbling. I wish Shelby could have felt this when she was alive but I know she is looking down at all of us at peace. I feel like I lost my sister and my best friend. Knowing her made me a better person and she touched many lives. Shelby was one of the most pure and kind hearted people I ever met. I will always love you and I hope you are finally at peace.
********* - Shelby always would get mad at me because this was not on her site. Below is a link to one of her proudest moments. The quickest KO in the history of MMA.
- Shelby's last opponent and one of her professional heros Mia St John sent in the following:
"Shelby was a beautiful, kind person with so much potential. Sometimes as fighters we have harsh words for our opponents prior to a fight, but Shelby spoke nothing but kind words to me. She will be missed."
Some Interviews from last year
- To Lighten the mood a little bit I found a couple of "Classic Shelby" interviews that she did with Benny Henderson of doghouseboxing.